Monday 1 May 2017

Victorian Couple Update 01 May 2017

See how my posts are now much more pragmatic.  

I made some good progress yesterday, as soon as the blister on my index finger quietened down a bit.

As you can see from this image, the windows are in, the pelmet has been selected and the pattern for the drapes have been swatched up.  Feeling somewhat relieved that the stage is now being set for this afternoon tete a tete in circa 1840, I decided to wade into filling in the piano forte.  

The piano is actually one of the main reasons I selected this image in the first place.  To cut a long story short, I did some experiments with Stem Stitch filling as applied to various textures and the upshot was I realised it lends itself to woodgrain incredibly well.  More later, have to dash...


6 comments:

  1. I used to love embroidering Toile fabric. Still have quite the stash because of that!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Ketzirah
      Actually its not Toile I'm working from but a pattern I spotted on the internet that I transferred onto the fabric with permanent ink. The pattern is available for download. I will try to find the original link..

      Delete
  2. Thanks for your encouragement ladies. I do appreciate it :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just found your site and love the mini stump work book - the instructions are very comprehensive. Look forward to reading more.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just come across your site and loved the comprehensive instructions for your little heart shaped stump work book. Look forward to reading more..

    ReplyDelete